Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Can Only Imagine. . .

I can only imagine

what it would be like

to not have to convert

everything while cooking!

I don't know about you, but for me to follow a simple recipe from America, I have to convert everything into metric. Ounces to milligrams, ounces to liters, etc. The butter comes in packages of 100 mg (milligram) with is a little less than 1/2 cup, the milk comes in 1 liter boxes, and the meat is sold by the killogram.

My roommate and I were discussing this and she exclaimed "My mind doesn't run in celsius!" She acutally met metric (since we were in the kitchen cooking) - but we convert fahrenheit to celsius regularly too!

Thank goodness for conversion charts online! I use them rather regularly!!

1 comment:

Amy Ruth said...

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you get to celebrate it at all? I was able to see your mother a few weeks ago & it was great! I wanted to stop in and see your sister and her family when I went home for Thanksgiving, but by the time I had some free time, I was tired. :-( Love you lots!