Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Sunday!

Well, every Easter is a little different I guess. This year I went to church in the morning and then went to my favorite palacsinta resturante with my friend Paula. We sat upstairs and looked out at the Danube river and the Parliment building. While eating we noticed this elderly woman who was literally being attacked by pigeons. They thought she had food so over 50 swarmed in to see what she had. She eventually stood up and started to walk away, but they all followed her. It was quite a sight to see. After lunch, Paula and I took a train to Szentendre, a small town where we tried to take a bus to an outside Easter Folklore museum. Tried is the key word. We had just missed the bus, so we went into town to get some chocolate and walk the hour off. As we were heading back to the bus stop, we saw a bus driving away - we had missed it twice. At this point we decided to just go back home. Although we didn't see what we set out to see (an Easter Festival, traditional egg painting etc.), we did have a good time talking and laughing. That was my Easter Sunday 2008!

No comments: