Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hearts for Hungary!

Here in Hungary the transportation system is regularly on strike. The buses, trams or trains will go on strike for a day or more in order to get better working conditions or pay. Usually it is announced, so people know to plan ahead. This past week there was a strike and therefore there were many more cars in downtown than usual. This affects many of our school's students who live in downtown and come out of town to the school.
One time I was coming back from visiting my cousin in Germany. I went to fly back to Hungary and the ticket clerk informed me that there was a . . . riot in Hungary (she was unsure how to translate strike, so she told me it was a riot). I wasn't shocked because in addition to strikes, riots or demonstrations, are pretty common here. Later I learned that one of the airports was on strike. Good thing my flight went into the other airport.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Hi Hannah! Thanks so much for linking us all in on your blog so we can regularly see what you're up to!! Looks like God is blessing you in so many ways!